Everyday it kills me and it lingers inside,
the love i held for you since the
first day we caught eyes.
I knew that I had to talk to you but all that came out was,
“hey, how’s it going. bye!”
I really wish I could be the one that you’re thinking about,
each waking second and nothing more.
You, You, I, I, naw that can never be.
I’ll never have the guts to confess my love and you’ll just tell me to leave.
But the truth is, I’ll be forever dreaming of my spiraling doves of love towards thee.
Rewrite of Poetry Slam Poem
Each single day it haunts me and it creeps within,
my heart bled for you after the deep glances of our reflections.
Something called your name inside of me but I did not send a very great impression,
"hey, how's it going. good bye!"
I wonder if you notice me each waking second that passes in your mind,
my mind too, you, you, I, I, psh ha. how could that be?
One day you'll soon see the sunlight from the person I am, however, you might reject.
It's alright though, my heart will continue to bleed for you within the circle of life for eternity.
Original from packet - Limitless Love <3
Flying to Germany to finally meet my honey,
As we embrace in the Luggage lanes.
He gave me a candy cane because it was Christmas time and it was flavored lime!
Sweet, Sweet,
Smell of snow and I said, "I heart you so much, you know?"
Rewrite of Original from packet - Limitless Love <3
Soaring across the sea to faraway a place, 7-10 hours away, Germany is the name.
Honey, he, mine, we, first meeting? oh yes, finally!
We gave each other a warm welcome in the limitless love world of ours.
It was Christmas time, smelled of lime and it was in fact a candy cane.
Oh BB, the scent of snow and the words fluttering in the air, "love of U and I, I definitely care."
Original from packet - The Strength To Live On.
I am a Lion
Fierce and beautiful
I am a Lion
Lazy and playful
I am a Lion
free but at times caged
I am a Lion
hear me roar!
I am a Lion
death may silence.
Rewrite of Original from packet - The Strength To Live On.
I am a Lion
Fierce to the point of not surrendering and beautiful inside and out.
I am a Lion
Lazy to the point of not doing anything and playful to rough housing.
I am a Lion
Free to roam across the globe if that was possible and caged for many to see.
I am a Lion
hear my mighty fine voice, "Roar!"
I am a Lion
death may silence me but death will make me strong.
Original from packet - Gray and White day in May.
Sunshines on this gray and white day
in the middle of may,
oh! the pollen from the hay,
Hey I say to a fellow named Kay
As the road laid
hot and warm as the cars
drift pass under the bridge
that breathed like a fridge
and back to the gray and white day
in the middle of may.
Rewrite Original from packet - Gray and White Day in May.
Beams of light flow upon this grey and white day,
during the middle of the beautiful month of may,
Tiny particles of the earth lifted by the wind from the hay,
"HELLO!!" I yell to a man who laid on the fresh grass named kay, he responded back, "GOOD DAY GOOD DAY."
As the cement laid upon the earth's surface,
the humidity from the car engines burned across and left it to cooled liked a fridge,
under the narrow upside down 'U' shape of the bridge.
Once again, comes the beams of light flowing upon this grey and white day,
during the middle of the beautiful month of may.
Original from packet - Everyone is not the same.
Unique is what humans are.
Unique makes us different.
Unique does not define perfect.
Perfect does not define unique.
Unique is individuals.
No one is exactly alike.
We are who makes up us.
Science plays a partial part.
But not 100%.
Unique is human.
Rewrite Original from packet - Everyone is not the same.
Human are what you call Unique.
It makes us different,
is not the definition of perfect,
And perfect, definitely does not define unique since there is no such thing. (Unless you are an alien ;P)
Individuals are what we are and that makes me uniquely human.
Humans are not suppose to be alike, even if you are a type of twin.
We are all born to be ourselves and no one esle.
Partial part has to do with chemicals and their reactions,
however, not all of it.
Human are what you call Unique and nothing more. You are You. I am me.
5 comments:
I love the first poem...makes me think you've really had this experience. You should go further with this! It'd make for a good story in my opinion.
I really like the slam poem about the love you have for someone, but they don't notice you. I think it's very deep and thoughtful.
I like the first poem as well and the thoughts you put in it
I like the way you use one of the unique aspects of poetry so well: you break grammatical rules. Capitalizing "unique" in the rewrite of "Everyone is not the same" really focuses the feeling of the poem.
hey bonet--I like your first draft about meeting the guy in germany. the lime candy cane imagery is so great!
Olivia
Post a Comment